5.18.2009

Quilted Maps


Ok this is really cool (appropriately from CoolHunting.com), it's a quilt sewn to resemble a network of streets, this particular one is of a neighborhood in Brooklyn.

This simultaneously attracted the 'Urban Planner' and 'Artsy' parts of me and had me started thinking of other interesting ways in which to integrate maps into art projects. My interest in cartography has been steadily growing in the last few months as I've come across some really cool maps and antique prints (a majority of which I couldn't imagine affording)!

The detail in these quilts is impeccable though, down to the street names which subtly appear, matching the background color. Check it out...


I want one.

1 comment:

  1. At first I thought this might be a hint for someone's upcoming birthday...but then I saw that they cost $300. Maybe someday, little brother!
    Court

    ReplyDelete