4.05.2009

Courtney and Stewart's Christmas Present

Hey guys,

New name, new look, and (probably to my mother's delight) less food. I can't begin to say how excited I am to be living out in Queens, despite the added 25 minutes of commuting. I'm surrounded by really good friends and the much more laid back atmosphere of Astoria matches my personality much better than the turbulent pace of the city. So posts will generally revolve around good times at the apartment and interesting things I find in Astoria. There will still be a little Manhattan, and a little food thrown in.

That being said, I finally got the chance to make the trip down to SoHo to use the fantastic Christmas gift I got from Court and Stewart, a gift card to one of my favorite stores, Sur La Table.

After extended mental debate with myself, involving but not limited to pots/pans, knives, stand mixers, and espresso makers, I finally cemented my decision. So I give you:

The Atlas 180 hand crank Pasta Roller

Isn't it nice?

I have yet to make my first batch of pasta with the roller, but when I do, it will be documented.

Thank you so much Court and Stewart, my roommates and I will have many great dinners thanks to your gift. And when you can finally make it up to visit, I'll organize a nice pasta dinner for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment